Counter ExploitationEnabling countries and our partners to detect, respond and investigate sexual exploitation
Social media has accounted for the incredible upsurge in child sexual exploitation and grooming worldwide. To help countries address this growing threat and enable them to detect, monitor and respond to threats, we at Strategy Nord have developed unique partnerships with several technology providers, including Paliscope. Our partnerships ensure that we are the chosen provider of governments and inter-governmental organisations that require expert capacity building and reform solutions designed to address the global surge in child exploitation and abuse.
Our offerings in the field of counter exploitation covers a broad range of technical services and solutions including the provision of training and mentoring, strategy and framework design, and the implementation of cutting-edge technology through our long-standing partnerships. Our expertise in the field of counter exploitation is reinforced by the participation of several of our experts in capacity building and transformation programmes led by the European Union Agency for Law Enforcement Training (CEPOL).
Protecting vulnerable people from sexual exploitation through effective changeWe help implement community outreach programmes and broader educational programmes, building confidence within communities that enables the identification of victims of exploitation and abuse
Our team works closely with clients and partners to help raise the capacity of fragile countries to detect, investigate and respond to sexual exploitation. Our expertise in this regard includes:
- Prevention: We design and deliver programmes covering a range of preventative measures and initiatives including national-level strategic frameworks and outreach projects. We also introduce external expertise and systems designed to limit victimisation and prevent online child sexual exploitation
- Detection and Investigation: We specialise in the delivery of a broad range of expert-level intelligence and evidence gathering training covering Human Intelligence, Covert Internet Investigations, Open Source Intelligence and Digital Forensics
- Response: Our response programme consists of several projects designed to raise the capacity of countries to implement victim and witness protection processes, manage prosecution cases, and implement after-care initiatives for victims of sexual abuse
Introducing cutting edge systems to prevent and respond to abuseThrough our close partnership with expert technology providers, we introduce our clients to the latest technology; enabling them to prevent online victimisation, gather evidence, and manage complex cases
Our team consists of former specialists from the UK National Crime Agency and its associated organisation CEOP - Child Exploitation and Online Protection Command. The expertise of our team in the field of counter exploitation is further reinforced by their involvement in several high-profile technical investigations in the UK, Africa and the Middle East:
- United Kingdom: Our team members have undertaken command and coordination roles across several countrywide and transnational operations aimed at investigating and disrupting UK-based criminals involved in child abuse and the online exploitation of children
- Iraq / Syria: Individual members of our team provided expert support to investigate crimes against humanity and sexual abuse by members of the so-called Islamic State against vulnerable adults and children in northern Iraq and Syria
- Kenya: Members of our team coordinated several joint investigations against UK nationals involved in the sexual exploitation of children